Tuesday 6 October 2015

Alpha presentation feedback

After presenting my presentation to a small group of peers I got some very useful feedback on my work. The best feedback I got was for a camera shot. The idea was to follow one of the little ships, I was thinking of using a shuttle, with the camera, leading the viewer into an impressive reveal of the Prometheus. It was also suggested to slow down the camera even further and skip one side of the model, as it's mirrored it was agreed to be pointless to take the viewer down both sides of the model when both sides are identical. The program Grand Designer was also suggested to create good looking planets for to add an additional subtle light source for the scene. After looking for the program on Steam I was very impressed by the quality of the planets created and the level of customization available as you can create planets, moons and asteroids of all shapes, sizes and types. This will be massively useful too me as I can use it for this and future projects. Another bit of feedback was to add more edge loops to the underside of the ship as they picked up on some shadowing issues. I also found some odd geometry in the shuttles where the canopy connects to the main body, I will look into it but I think that it will be easy to rectify by deleting faces and pulling the canopy edge loop into the back of the shuttle. Hopefully that is the only problem with it and deleting faces would make things worse. Aside from them the presentation went well, my point was well received and people liked my idea and most importantly I got some fantastic feedback and tips.


No comments:

Post a Comment