Wednesday 7 October 2015

The new camera shot reference

While the idea for this shot came from Jamie referencing a scene in Star Wars the reference I found was from the first episode of Star Trek Voyager showing the reveal of Voyager, the link to which is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKUINTDndBM

This shows very well what I have in mind for my new fly by animation. The reveal for the ship should really be a big thing, it should surprise the viewer and wow them instantly and currently it isn't doing that.

One idea is to do something very similar and have the shuttle fly around the ship before the camera breaks away to follow the Prometheus into warp. This I think will be much more effective as not only will you be able to see close ups off the ship but also of the shuttle, which would normally go unseen as they're quite small.
The shots from the video are also slow and sweeping which is something I will try to replicate with my shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment