Wednesday 7 October 2015

Second playblast

After feedback for my first playblast I was told that not only was it too fast, which I already knew, but the actual camera shots needed much more work. The result can be seen below in the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ublB8AYqMlo

To get an idea of what would be good shots I watched some clips, mostly from Star Trek, of ships in space dock the best video of which was the ending of Star Trek Nemesis where the Enterprise was being repaired in space dock. The panning shots gave me good ideas on how to show off my model to its best. After slowing down the animation I also decided to do close passes of the ship rather than the whole dock. I am going to have to make the textures very high quality because the camera goes so close. I kept the warping away shot as I really do like that idea and gives a little more life to the model rather than just slowly pulling away. It also gives a clear ending point to the reel.
During the feedback I was also given tips on time management and what I need to prioritize. After that I decided that as my model was mostly finished I would focus on researching particle effects for my air explosion from the retracting umbilical cord and Adobe After Effects for the warp away flash. I have some experience using After Effects so I believe I will be able to get a nice looking effect for my finale, hopefully giving it the punch it needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment