Friday 6 November 2015

Small texture update

The textures for the Prometheus have been finished and I decided to put them into Marmoset to see what they look like. I'm very happy with how the textures have turned out considering that it is mostly hand painted in Photoshop. The shipyard and shuttle textures are also completed. I also added a glow map to the Prometheus's engines as the emissive map wasn't giving me the results I wanted to make the nacelles really pop when rendered. I am seriously considering re exporting the Substance Painter textures and Diffuse, gloss and specular as I have decided on rendering the scene in Maya. I just feel that I will get the best result using Maya and it will also give me a great opportunity to try out Mental Ray rendering as it uses advanced methods to get a decent looking render. 




No comments:

Post a Comment