Friday 13 November 2015

180 turn on rendering

After some decision making and 2 Mental Ray crashes I have reluctantly decided to abandoned it and go to UE4 instead. This decision comes from both my Alpha presentation receiving what I perceived as a less than warm reception to my idea of using Mental Ray and the longer I tried to defend my position the more I realised the I should probably stop defending my position and start rendering something before I run up against the deadline and this was before my lighting broke and Mental Ray decided to stop rendering anything and instead come up with errors so I gave in and decided to use UE4. This is an interesting choice, or so I have been told, to make so late in the module however I disagree as all the textures are sorted out, everything is in the scene, lighting is sorted out and the only thing it needs are the actual animations but since I have the shots worked out in Maya that shouldn't be too much of a problem. The only thing I think I will have issues with are the docking clamps and umbilical cord that will need deforming, the particle effect for the atmosphere escaping from the umbilical cord and the warp engines powering up as the camera passes by. These are going to need some quick research however I am very confident I can get this project finished despite the complete turn around in the rendering department.

No comments:

Post a Comment