Sunday 27 September 2015

Prometheus class idea

My second idea was a Prometheus class starship from Star Trek and is my least developed idea. I decided to have it in spacedock simply to give it a more interesting setting. This model proved very interesting and quite frustrating to build as there are some organic curves in both the saucer section and engineering sections which proved difficult to model accurately. This could be helped by a high poly version making the areas smooth and flowing. The below image should help explain the locations.


Other shots of the various parts of the model 






The completed model
I also bought a small model of the Prometheus class to assist with the modeling process and it did prove invaluable for getting different angles to work from. Currently this project is also on hold as I am unsure how best to texture the model. If I were to pick this for my project a high poly Prometheus is a must and also nailing down how to texture it. I feel Substance Painter would be a good way to do it however I would need more experience in adding decals and how to add panel lines, both of which I'm sure I could find tutorials for.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment